Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
SPL-02 - Version 5.1.3
© 2018 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
This lab focuses on Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), a key underlying storage mechanism for Amazon EC2 instances. In this lab, you will learn how to create an Amazon EBS volume, attach it to an instance, apply a file system to the volume, and then take a snapshot backup.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Amazon EBS volume
- Attach and mount your volume to an EC2 instance
- Create a snapshot of your volume
- Create a new volume from your snapshot
- Attach and mount the new volume to your EC2 instance
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.